Chinese 2+2 Programme

If you attend one of several Chinese universities you may be able to study Chemistry for two years in China and then transfer to The University of Edinburgh to complete a further two years of study. This is known as a "2+2" degree.


  • Study for 2 years in China and 2 years in Edinburgh, the best of both worlds!
  • Choose from a range of degrees.
  • Experience life in Scotland's historic capital city.
  • Improve your English. Language courses provided (minimum IELTS 6.0 required).
  • Study at The University of Edinburgh, ranked 22 in the world.
  • Benefit from world-class facilities and staff.
  • Graduate with a degree from The University of Edinburgh


This arrangement is currently in place with the following six universities:

The School of Chemistry has the most organised, efficient and yet friendly group of lecturers and staff, who are willing to help in any way they can.

Depending on your progress at your Chinese university you may be able to study for the following degrees:

  • Chemistry
  • Medicinal and Biological Chemistry

More Information